Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fresh Start


Paul said goodbye to Amsco Windows on March 3rd. It was a good job that really was a blessing for us in a lot of ways. As we were driving out of the parking lot for the last time he got a little bit emotional. He didn't think he would miss it at all, but he learned a lot of good lessons there and made some great friends.

Paul said hello to Nutraceuticals on March 7th! He's now a "Lead" (supervisor) for the swing shift. He's got a little bit more time at home now, although I still feel like I never see him! And most importantly he's able to sign up for day classes so he can finish his degree.

People ask me how much longer Paul has to finish. I always reply with something like, "Forever." I know it seems that way to him sometimes too, but I'm SO proud of him for sticking with it. Last semester (Fall 2010) was one of the most busy times in our lives, but he managed to get a 4.0! And he wasn't just taking cake classes either! Lately I've been feeling pretty unmotivated, but I have to look back and tell myself that it's not as bad as it has been.


Adilee is such an adorable, wonderful little wiggle monster! She is constantly moving! For a while I thought the only time she was still was when she was sleeping, but she's proven me wrong. She even moves in her sleep! She is pulling up to stand with the couch, coffee table, chairs, Mommy and Daddy's legs, the side of her bed, shelves, and has even tried pulling up on Kostya a time or two! Adilee is also picking up little things (mostly choking hazards) from the floor and shoving them into her mouth as fast as her little arms can move. She finds bits of newspaper, leaves, and even found a dried out piece of carrot. I know I'm not a great homemaker, but I never realized how nasty my floors really are. :( I'll put that on my huge list of stuff to work on.

3 comments:

Krista Eger said...

oh my gosh she just keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter! :D My floor is always bad too, don't feel too bad. Nate survived haha!

Cody and Jill said...

Adi is so cute. She is our favorite niece. Paul, you are looking great, and Tan... we would like to see more pictures of you.

Emily and Jeremy said...

Yay for having blogs so that we can all see each other! I know it will only get better as we get further a part from each other.
We love you guys and hope to get to see you lots during May and June!