Friday, May 22, 2009

April/May 2009

In April I chopped my hair off! Jill, Paul's sister, is going through hair school and she kindly did me the honor of cutting 10+ inches to donate to Locks of Love. My goal is to be able to donate 6 ponytails of hair because that is about how many ponytails it takes to make a wig.

That same weekend Paul and I took Kostya and headed down to Four Corners, where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona meet. I think it was the very next week that the news broke that the actual place where the states meet is like 100+ yards away. That doesn't really matter to me because in all actuality the monument is not really in any state, it's in the Navajo Nation. We have fun pictures that hopefully I'll figure out how to post :) We have one with Kostya where he has one paw in each state!

April was chock full o'birthdays! We had Josie and Carson, our niece and nephew, on the 19th and 21st. Emily, Paul's other sister, was in between on the 20th. And Teagan, my little brother, was the next week on the 26th. And also a very important holiday, Administrative Professionals' Day (formerly Secretaries' Day), was celebrated on the 22nd. I didn't really do anything on that day, but I was proud of myself for being an Administrative Professional. :)

On May 8th my company had a community service project. I was able to go to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Dio, who are an elderly couple, and help with some cleaning and weeding that they were not able to do themselves. It always feels SO great to be able to help someone out. It also helped me to remember that it's very important to be a good receiver. I know how hard it can be to accept help when you feel like it's something you should be able to do yourself. But I think when you are unwilling to receive help it's like being given a nicely wrapped gift (with a big bow on it) and throwing it on the ground and stomping on it.

This last weekend we went up to Paul's aunt and uncle's cabin near Heber City and spent some time with his family for his brother's birthday/last hoorah before he leaves on his mission to San Bernardino, CA. We were able to go to the Girl's Camp in Heber City and we played sand volleyball for a few hours. It was a BLAST! The married-children team won (that was my team in case you were wondering :D)! We played best of 3 and each game was very intense and too close.

Yesterday I went to lunch with a few friends from work and it was a ton of fun! It's always fun to get out of the office and associate with people outside of the work setting. I work for a GREAT company with GREAT people!!!

I'm sure I'm leaving fun stuff out, but that's all I can remember. I'm sure Paul remembers more, but he doesn't post things so you'll never get to hear about it. haha! :D

No comments: