Thursday, October 29, 2009

July / August 2009

July
July was filled with fun and Apartment hunting. We went up to Brigham City to see family and fireworks for Independance Day.

I went to a Reading party with some girls from work and had a blast! We ended up watching Harry Potter because I hadn't seen it all the way through. I love the people that I work with. They're SO awesome!

I'm pretty sure we did something fun for Pioneer day because I got off early the day before. I can't remember now what we did though. :(

Paul and I both had adventures at the dentist. They told Paul that might have perio-something-or-other and had to have a procedure done where they basically scrape his teeth to pieces (I'm only slightly exaggerating). I have to have 2 crowns done. One of them I had done right before we got married but they did it wrong. I'm not at all surprised after the crap I went through at that dentist. Oi!

August
We started August with a great get-together with Paul's friends from Brigham. I'm so glad that he had great influence growing up and throughout school. And they're just great people! I was worried that it would be awkward because I was 1 of 2 or 3 there that weren't really part of the group. It was so fun though!

There were some bridal showers for Jill, Paul's sister, that were a lot of fun and I hope it wasn't too embarassing for Jill :).

Paul had a great friend and mentor, Randy Wilde, pass away and we were able to attend his funeral. He was Paul's Scout Leader and a definate influence in his life. He will be missed by his wife, daughters, Scout troops, and litterally countless others.

I went bowing for Bear River's Corporate Games and I got 2 TURKEYS!!! Woot!!! My good friend and co-worker Amelia was bowling like the day before she was due to give birth. Amazing. It definately drew some attention. She's awesome. I hope I can do that some day when I'm 9 months pregnant!

My work did a great training program called QBQ (Question Behind the Question). I learned a lot about Personal Accountability. If you ever have a chance to go through the training or read the book DO IT! I promise it will only change you for the better.

We moved into our new apartment in North Salt Lake and we're SO happy to be there! The apartment has more room and another bedroom and we're paying about the same. But that's not the AWESOME part! We have the BEST ward!!! The first week we were there we felt SO welcome. It was seriously like going home. I'm going to get choked up just writing about it, but it was so great. Not that our other wards were bad by any means!! This really just felt like we were being welcomed home.

I had an MRI on August 24th to see if there was anything they could see on that that might indicate what is causing my migraines.

Jill and Cody Branch were married on August 28th for time and all eternity. What a great blessing to have Cody in our family. He's such a great guy, and it's so fun when best friends become eternal companions.

That same day I got the results from my MRI. They told me I have a pineal cyst on my brain about a centimeter around. Scary. It was a humbling experience. I went later to a consultation with a neurosurgeon to see if it needed to be taken out. It doesn't and it's most likely not a cause of my migraines. I'm so grateful to my wonderful family for their prayers and fasting. I was truely blessed by my Heavenly Father with comfort and understanding concerning this. It was a great testimony builder. I know that prayer works and blesses your life. I know fasting works and can truely bring about miracles. Every concern I had about the cyst was relieved. We have a great bishop who is truely inspired.

I don't have time to finish September and October because my lunch break is over!

No comments: