Monday, November 2, 2009

September / October 2009

September

On the 10th I celebrated 2 wonderful years working at Bear River. I've really loved working here. It's definately been my longest job for a reason. Great people, great work, great benefits. It's just great!

I got to go to my cousin Shanay's bridal shower. It was fun to see family I haven't seen in a while.

Paul and I put together some fun packages to send to family. We sent 2 to missionaries, Matt, Paul's brother, and Cole, my cousin. And one to my brother, Tyson, his wife, Steph, and their 3 kids. That was a ton of fun to put together and think of things that they would enjoy.

We've had a chance to go to a couple of BYU home football games and it's been such a blast! I love the game and I love being able to be with family. We've been able to "adjust" our seat to sit in the student section with Emily (Paul's sister) and her husband Jeremy. They're great football buddies. I'm pretty sure Emily knows more about football than any girl and 1/2 of the guys I know. I love it!

We had a family fast for me for the cyst on my brain on the 27th. We have such a humble, in-tune bishop who gave me and my family some great comfort and council. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the leaders of the church.

October

General Conference weekend I went to "Wee Witches Night Out" at Gardner Village. It's set up for younger girls and Mom's and it was the same night as the Preisthood Session of conference... great timing :). I dressed up as a witch and partied with Paul's family and some extended family from his Mom's side, and also my family and some extended family from MY Mom's side :D. Some of the costumes there were pretty much just amazing. If I had a witch costume like theirs there would be no sense in EVER dressing up like anything else!

We were able to go to my cousin Shanay's wedding in St. George on the 10th. I tore it up on the dance floor with my cousin Aubree while our husband's went to the BYU vs UNLV game. Jon (Aubree's husband) is a trooper. He's a HUGE Ute fan, but he still went with Paul to the game.

Paul celebrated his birthday (the 11th) while we were driving back up to Salt Lake! We went to In-and-Out Burger to celebrate. He opened presents at a pit stop in some small town while we were all huddled in a van to keep warm. It was a fun adventure.

We missed my family's annual Pumpkin Carving to go to the BYU vs TCU game. The second event I missed to go to a BYU game and both times they lost! Maybe next time I'll miss the game just so they can win :)

We exercised our right and duty as citizens of North Salt Lake and we voted early. We had a chance to go to our Meet the Candidates night and I'm SO glad we did. We really got a sense of who each candidate was and what they were really all about.

Paul won the Best Chicken Award (even though it was Turkey) at our Ward Halloween Party with nothing less than authentic San Pete Barbeque Turkey. It just doesn't get any better!

Tyson, Steph and their kids TOTALLY surprised us when they showed up to my parent's house to trick-or-treat! I couldn't really see them and I just thought, "Aren't they a little old to be trick-or-treating?" Then I realized what was going on and I cried... of course. I'm SO happy to see them!! I wasn't expecting to see them until Christmas, but I'm SO SO SO glad they surprised us!

1 comment:

Shay said...

I want to go to the witches night! so cute! what a treat to get ty and steph as trick or treaters! miss you guys!